With Cordless Advanced Technology- Internet and Quality( CAT-iq), the DECT Forum has developed a standard for in-house communications based on Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT). CAT-iq improves voice quality while incorporating IP communications. This means that CAT-iq can also be used to implement other services such as Internet telephony, Internet radio and data transmission.
CAT-iq can also be used for other in-house applications such as the control of home systems and the transmission of switching commands or sensor values. The transmission uses Gaussian Minimum Shift Keying ( GMSK) modulation, with a data rate of 1.152 Mbps.
- CAT-iq 1.0" HD sound": ETSI TS 102 527-1, broadband voice transmission,
- CAT-iq 2.0 "Multi Line": ETSI TS 102 527-3, extended broadband voice services,
- CAT-iq 2.1 "Green": ETSI TS 102 527-5, RF power control, power saving modes,
- CAT-iq 3.0 "Internet Ready": ETSI TS 102 527-4, software update services and HTTP based applications,
- CAT-iq 4.0 "Intelligent Networking".